if one has an ezdatetime as Required, no content can be created using 00:00 as the time part.
- create a custom Content Type
- add an ezdatetime, marked as Required with Empty as default value
- attempt to create content, setting the value as 1/1/1990 00:00 (for instance)
=> Publishing operation will fail with the following error message
The same problems happens on Time fields (actually that's even worse because the kernel also has a bug on handling this case)
Also the display of empty Time and date and Time fields must be fixed (as explained in
- Create a ContentType with a "Time" a "Date and Time" field.
- Create a new content based on this content type.
- As time use 00:00
- As dateandtime use 01/01/1970 00:00 on UTC time. So consider your timezone while entering, for example on my timezone (France in daylight saving time) I had to enter 01/01/1970 01:00