given any specified amount of memory X for the script to run, if there are enough objects in the trash, the script breaks with a memory limit error. even using the --iteration-limit=n option cause the script to break. the only factor that matters is the amount of objects in the trash.
here are simple steps to reproduce:
- set on php-cli.ini (or the .ini used for the CLI settings) file to some low value, such as 4M
- send a few hundred objects into the trash
- run trashpurge with --iteration-limit=1
- didn't break? send some more objects to trash (the last ones were deleted, so send more on this cycle)
- repeat the cycle, with enough objects in the trash, the script will always break for the given memory defined.