Uploaded image for project: 'eZ Publish / Platform'
  1. eZ Publish / Platform
  2. EZP-30131

Content publish is not possible when user is only allowed to translate content in given language

    Details

      Description

      Assume we have a user who is able to translate content and edit only translation. This is possible from the policies settings:

      content/translate: (Language:german)
      content/edit: (Language:german)
      content/publish:  (Language:german)
      

      But the API doesn't allow him to publish the translation or edit it later without adding the main(initial) language of the content(e.g english) to the content/edit and content/publish policy list.

      Step to reproduce:

      • create a content in english
      • create a user and assign him above policies
      • try to publish the translated content

      Expected:

      • The user can translate, edit or publish only the content language previously assigned to him.

      Acutal Result:

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Andrzej Longosz added a comment - - edited

          This is not a bug. Language Limitation was never intended to work with new translation. It operates on the existing ones only.

          This is one of the key features that we're missing for 2.5 LTS, so since last week we're extensively working on Translation Limitation which will meet the described requirements.

          It's important to understand that there's no such concept as "publishing translation" or "editing content language". There's a Version which contains all translations. We can and will limit UI actions based on intent.

          This will be solved via EZP-30344, please track it if you want to see progress.

          Show
          Andrzej Longosz added a comment - - edited This is not a bug. Language Limitation was never intended to work with new translation. It operates on the existing ones only. This is one of the key features that we're missing for 2.5 LTS, so since last week we're extensively working on Translation Limitation which will meet the described requirements. It's important to understand that there's no such concept as "publishing translation" or "editing content language". There's a Version which contains all translations. We can and will limit UI actions based on intent. This will be solved via EZP-30344 , please track it if you want to see progress.
          Hide
          Andrzej Longosz added a comment -

          I have good news.

          After a lot of consideration, taking into the account how eZ Publish behaved and due to the fact that Language Limitation was not very usable, instead of introducing something new, we've decided to re-implement Language Limitation after all.

          The change in behavior is minor, but the scope of rewrite of internal implementation is extensive, so - as mentioned earlier - this will be available only in 2.5.1 (and higher versions in the future). We won't fix it for v2.4.

          Show
          Andrzej Longosz added a comment - I have good news. After a lot of consideration, taking into the account how eZ Publish behaved and due to the fact that Language Limitation was not very usable, instead of introducing something new, we've decided to re-implement Language Limitation after all. The change in behavior is minor, but the scope of rewrite of internal implementation is extensive, so - as mentioned earlier - this will be available only in 2.5.1 (and higher versions in the future). We won't fix it for v2.4.
          Hide
          Sylvain Guittard added a comment -

          Closing this ticket as 2.5.1 has been released this week.

          Show
          Sylvain Guittard added a comment - Closing this ticket as 2.5.1 has been released this week.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Ramzi Arfaoui
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              5 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: