The customer experienced huge Redis memory usage when using it as a handler for persistence cache. Therefore, some changes to Stash Redis driver are necessary, to make using igbinary serializer and lzf compression possible.
Instructions for QA:
To be able to test the changes introduced in this ticket, you have to follow the steps listed below. Please follow the order to avoid complications:
- Install igbniary PHP extension*
- Install lzf PHP extension*. Please say no to installator question about sacryfing speed for better compression.
- Install redis PHP extension*. During the installation, you don't have to enable igbinary and lzf since these are used on the pure PHP side, but you can enable them and threat it as a separated test case.
- Set-up Redis instance. I think, that the easiest way to do it is to set-up a docker container.
- docker run -itd --name ez-redis -p 6379:6379 redis:latest
- After few seconds Redis instance should be available under 6379 port on your localhost.
- Configure eZ Platform to use new configuration. These settings aren't siteaccess aware. You can test different scenarios, for example with igbinary but without lzf and so on.
- Do some typical operations (create/update/move etc.) in the backoffice as well as on the frontend.
* - all of these extensions can be installed by PECL. This is the easiest way to do it:
- pecl channel-update pecl.php.net
- pecl install _package_name_