Setting permissions only works for users created from ContentType named 'user' and assigned to the location which has 'user_group' ContentType. And right now user added with content type with ezuser is not visible in roles assignment.
1. Create content type with field type ezuser (not required)
2. Go to Content/Content structure and click Create
3. Select the content type with ezuser
4. Fill all fields and publish
5. Go to Admin/Users/Admianistrator Users and click create
6. Select the content type with ezuser
7. Fill all fields and publish
8. Go to Admin/Roles and click Assign to Users/Groups
In table Users and Groups/User user from previous step is not visible. But when it's created in folder Users/Administration users it seems that it has this role assigned.
According to Sylvain Guittard the behavior should be:
- ezuser field in the content type, then you can assign roles
- ezuser field in the content type, then you should have roles and policies tabs in the content item view