When trying to link some text inside RichText to external url ( https://www.google.ch/maps/place/Tobler+Technique+du+B%C3%83%C2%A2timent+SA+[March%C3%83%C2%A9+Tobler]/@46.101331,7.0872363,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x478ec9ca57e24dd7:0xf0ff4cc3a15b81c2!8m2!3d46.101331!4d7.089425 ) which contains unmasked chars like `[` or `]` the validation fails with error Validation of XML content failed:↵Error in 212:0: Element section has extra content: itemizedlist.
Update (eZ Support):
This issue happens when trying to link inside RichText to an external URL that contains characters: "]", "[" or "%". I tested more of them, but only these ones were causing the issue to occur. This would probably require proper Q&A testing after the patch is ready to cover all the possible cases.
URL encoding the characters manually seems to be a workaround for this issue, but I think it still should be allowed to provide unencoded ones.
When the validation error is thrown, there is also an error thrown in the browser console: "_ezcombo?app-base/app-base-min.js&querystring-stringify-simple/querystring-stringify-simple-min.js&…:1687 POST http://ezplatform.dev/api/ezp/v2/content/objects/71/versions/1 400 (Bad Request)". The response to this request looks like this:
Steps to reproduce:
- Create new eZPlatform project.
- In PlatformUI panel, go to Content/Content structure and click "Create". Select "Article" from available Content Types.
- Write something in the "Intro" field, for example "asd".
- Double click on "asd". The menu will be shown, select "Link".
- In "Link to" field enter something that has characters: "]", "[" or "%", for example "https://www.test.com/[test]" or "https://www.test.com/%test".
- Click "Save" and then try to save the article. You will be presented with validation error for "Intro" field.