Uploaded image for project: 'eZ Publish / Platform'
  1. eZ Publish / Platform
  2. EZP-27148

It's not possible to have different images/media/files attributes translations for different languages

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: High High
    • Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
    • Affects Version/s: 1.7.2, 1.8.1, 1.9.0
    • Fix Version/s: QA tracked issues
    • Labels:
    • Environment:

      Operating System: Debian 8
      PHP Version: 5.6.30-0+deb8u1
      Database and version: Mysql 5.5.54-0+deb8u1
      Browser (and version): Firefox 52
      Env: Prod

      Description

      Steps to Reproduce
      1. Click on the “Languages” tab, and then on “Create a new language”. Use the following values:
        • Name: “French Test”
        • Language code: fre-FR
      2. Edit the “app/config/ezplatform.yml” file and add the fre-FR language as showed below: ezpublish:\system:\site_group:\languages: [eng-GB, fre-FR]
      3. Create one content type with a media/image/files attribute
      4. Create one English object of the previous content type (set an image/media/file at will - "Attach1")
      5. Publish
      6. Create a French translation
      7. Now insert a different image/media/file at will - "Attach2"
      8. Publish

      If you now see the english and French translations, both have the same image/media/file attached i.e, "Attach2"

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Damien Pobel (Inactive) added a comment -

          Paulo Nunes [~rui.silva@ez.no]
          In step 3, you should indicate whether you set the field as translatable or not ? If you did not set it as translatable, you are describing the behaviour of the app before the fix for EZP-26751 (after the fix for that, a not translatable field can only be updated in the main language of the Content). If you set it as translatable, then there's a real bug, but I'm not able to reproduce the issue then. So please clarify.

          Show
          Damien Pobel (Inactive) added a comment - Paulo Nunes [~rui.silva@ez.no] In step 3, you should indicate whether you set the field as translatable or not ? If you did not set it as translatable, you are describing the behaviour of the app before the fix for EZP-26751 (after the fix for that, a not translatable field can only be updated in the main language of the Content). If you set it as translatable, then there's a real bug, but I'm not able to reproduce the issue then. So please clarify.
          Hide
          Paulo Nunes (Inactive) added a comment -

          When I opened the issue, I reproduced it using the default content types for Images and Files (which are translatable by default). I created one for media.
          But with today's master i'm also unable to reproduce the issue any longer...

          i'll close the issue then.

          Show
          Paulo Nunes (Inactive) added a comment - When I opened the issue, I reproduced it using the default content types for Images and Files (which are translatable by default). I created one for media. But with today's master i'm also unable to reproduce the issue any longer... i'll close the issue then.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Paulo Nunes (Inactive)
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: