When using the ezdatetime field type it allows users to select the default value. One of the options is "Current datetime", which I would expect to reflect the time a value for when a content object is created.
Currently the timestamp used is the one from when the
content type was modified the cache was last cleared, where it is expected to be the creation timestamp of the new content object.
Steps to reproduce:
- Modify a content type
- Add ezdatetime field with a default value of "Current datetime"
- Save content type and make note of time (e.g. 14:47)
- Create object of that content type and make note of the field value (e.g. 14:47)
- Publish object
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Create new object and make note that the default field value is still 14:47
- Expectation is that the value would be 15:02 to reflect creation of new object time
- Clear all caches, create a new object: Note the default value is now the current time