The behavior of non-translatable fields in eZ Platform differs from what is described in the reference documentation (https://doc.ez.no/display/DEVELOPER/Internationalization) which says:
"When a Field is not flagged as Translatable, its value will be copied from the initial/main translation when a new language version is created. This copied value cannot be modified."
1. Prepare a test installation, clean;
2. On the admin interface, go to Admin Panel / Languages, and create a new language (created fre-FR);
3. Edit app/config/ezplatform.yml and add the new language:
4. In the Content structure section, create a new article (used eng-GB), fill in all require fields, and check the "Enable comments" checkbox, which is a non-translatable field. Publish;
5. Add a new translation to this article (used fre-FR). Ensure it is based on the eng-GB translation by checking the "Base this translation on an existing translation" checkbox;
- Expected behavior: when creating the new translation, the field "Enable comments" should be checked and the value should not be modifiable.
- Actual behavior: the field "Enable comments" is checked, which is correct, but it can be modified, which is wrong.