On ezplatform 1.6.0rc1 clean install I was unable to publish the content (Blog post content type, title field) if the title contains Ä (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%84) and if the word was never used before (in search index meaning).
0. Open webbrowser inspector on network tab if you want to see error message.
1. Go to Content / Content Structure
2. Click on 'create' button, choose `Blog post`
3. fill title field with word containg Ä, i.e. testÄ / Ätest123 (the word should not be used before)
4. fill other mandatory fields: Publication date, Body
5. click on 'Publish'
You will see infinite loading indicator and error in the console/network tab:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://domain_.com/api/ezp/v2/content/objects/91/versions/1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ErrorMessage' of null _ezcombo?/bundles/ezplatformui/js/views/dashboard/ez-dashboardblockbaseview.js&/bundles/ezplatformu…:844
the error message is:
Note: the second try with the same word containing the Ä character will NOT occur with error, therefore you should use different words to reproduce it many times.
If you run the search indexer (php app/console ezplatform:create_sql_search_index) after reproducing steps above, you will see the error:
42/47 [=========================>--] 89%
Notice: Undefined index: Ai