If you change the VarDir setting, create a file content and try to access it directly you will get an unhanded exception (see attached stack trace) instead a 404.
Argument '$id' is invalid: Prefix images not found in original/video/4bdd7ff
*500 Internal Server Error InvalidArgumentException*
If you use the default VarDir, you will get a 404 page.
- Change the VarDir settings in you legacy "override/site.ini.append.php" and your "config/ezpublish.yml" to "var/storage".
- Go to your backend, create a file content with a video file. Let's say, "my_test.mov".
- Confirm the file was created in the correct VarDir:
- Try to access it with the API or just open the link in your browser:
- Confirm you will get the exception.
Note: If you change the VarDir to the default "VarDir=var/ezdemo_site" value, and try to open the URL, you will get a handled 404: