Uploaded image for project: 'eZ Publish / Platform'
  1. eZ Publish / Platform
  2. EZP-26141

Search API appears to conduct some form of 'OR' search not an 'AND' search

    Details

      Description

      Search relevancy does not work. It appears to conduct some form of 'OR' search not an 'AND' search. If "red apple" is search term, the 1st results should return red AND apple content.

      When using API and FullText Criterion on query we expect default sorting on solr to be able to sort by relevancy (score).

      Specifically searching for "Red Apple" should return items in following order:

      • Exact hits on "Red Apple"
      • Hits that contains both words
      • Hits that contains both works with fuzziness
      • Hits that contain one of them
      • Hits that contain one of them with fuzziness
      1. FullTextCommand.php
        2 kB
        Miguel das Neves Jacinto

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Petar Spanja (Inactive) added a comment -

          [~miguel.jacinto@ez.no], Paulo Nunes

          I don't know how to help here – I have no problems reproducing the bug and fix both with kernel and Admin UI.
          The command provided looks OK, but it doesn't show what exact search string is used or what exact Content is indexed.

          Show
          Petar Spanja (Inactive) added a comment - [~miguel.jacinto@ez.no] , Paulo Nunes I don't know how to help here – I have no problems reproducing the bug and fix both with kernel and Admin UI. The command provided looks OK, but it doesn't show what exact search string is used or what exact Content is indexed.
          Hide
          Bertrand Dunogier added a comment -

          Can you guys please clarify the status of this, and close it whenever possible ? Stuff has been shipped with 1.5.1, and we must try to keep a clean changelog.

          Show
          Bertrand Dunogier added a comment - Can you guys please clarify the status of this, and close it whenever possible ? Stuff has been shipped with 1.5.1, and we must try to keep a clean changelog.
          Hide
          Miguel das Neves Jacinto (Inactive) added a comment -

          Petar Španja it is with solr

          Show
          Miguel das Neves Jacinto (Inactive) added a comment - Petar Španja it is with solr
          Hide
          Petar Spanja (Inactive) added a comment -

          [~miguel.jacinto@ez.no] Is that with Solr or Legacy engine? The fix is only for Solr.

          Show
          Petar Spanja (Inactive) added a comment - [~miguel.jacinto@ez.no] Is that with Solr or Legacy engine? The fix is only for Solr.
          Hide
          Miguel das Neves Jacinto (Inactive) added a comment -

          ping André Rømcke, Petar Španja
          Testing using the API only always returned the same results, with and without the fix.

          I tested this issue using a Symfony Command (see attached) making a basic FullText search. There must be something I have missed because the result seem right even without the patch.
          Having the contents 'red', 'red apples' and 'apples' searching for 'red' returns(in this order) 'red', 'red apples' and searching for 'red apples' returns(in this order) 'red apples', 'red', 'apples'. This looks like the supposed but I am reproducing it without the fix and with the fix nothing changes.

          I attached the Command I made so you can take a look and see if I am missing some detail.

          Show
          Miguel das Neves Jacinto (Inactive) added a comment - ping André Rømcke , Petar Španja Testing using the API only always returned the same results, with and without the fix. I tested this issue using a Symfony Command (see attached) making a basic FullText search. There must be something I have missed because the result seem right even without the patch. Having the contents 'red', 'red apples' and 'apples' searching for 'red' returns(in this order) 'red', 'red apples' and searching for 'red apples' returns(in this order) 'red apples', 'red', 'apples'. This looks like the supposed but I am reproducing it without the fix and with the fix nothing changes. I attached the Command I made so you can take a look and see if I am missing some detail.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Łukasz Serwatka
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              6 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: