If the same information collection form is open in two separate browser windows of the same browser type (Chrome, FF, etc), different information is filled in in both browser windows, and then submitted at the same time (or as close as possible to that), the same information will be collected in both browser windows, when it should be different as to reflect the different information that was submitted.
A typical user case scenario occurs when user 1 at location 1 submits information on an information collection form in a specific browser (Chrome, FF, etc), and user 2 at location 2 submits different information on the same form and on a browser of the same type at the same time. The collected information should be different on both browsers, but it's the same.
For testing purposes, a simple way to simulate the scenario described above is to have the same user to submit different information on two separate browser tabs of the same browser at the same time - or as close to that as possible. In line with that, please refer to the following instructions on how to verify this issue.
1. On the admin interface, create a new class:
Add the following attributes:
2. Create a new object for the new class, with a suitable "Name" field e.g. "Home/Tests/TestObject";
3. Create a new "/ezpublish_legacy/settings/override/override.ini.append.php" file:
4. Create a new "/ezpublish_legacy/extension/ezdemo/design/ezdemo/override/templates/infocollector/collector_view.tpl" file:
5. Clear legacy cache;
6. On two separate browser windows of the same browser (Chrome, FF, etc), go to a suitable frontend siteaccess as anonymous, and navigate to the object defined in step #2 e.g. http://example.com/Tests/TestObject;
7. Fill in different test details in both browser windows. Used "test1" in window 1, and "test2" in window 2;
8. Submit the information on both windows at the same time, or as close to that as possible. Both browser windows will display the same collected information, when it should be different.
Note: although, when this bug occurs, both browser windows will display the same submitted information, the information what is actually stored is correct. This can be verified by logging in to the admin siteaccess, then going to the "Setup" tab, and then inspecting the data on the "Collected information" section. Therefore, please regard this as a visual bug.