Uploaded image for project: 'eZ Publish / Platform'
  1. eZ Publish / Platform
  2. EZP-25048

No `languageCode` is set when creating a new content as a child of freshly created content

    Details

      Description

      When creating a new content (a blog post) in eZ Studio as a child of freshly created content (blog post) the language selector is not set correctly.
      This disallows to create a new content in eZ Platform combined with eZ Studio.
      From my investigation, in the file: ez-contenteditviewservice.js in _setLanguageCode method there's missing fallback to the language code of parent content. It always expects the language code to be sent through the request.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Piotr Nalepa added a comment -
          Show
          Piotr Nalepa added a comment - New issue created: https://jira.ez.no/browse/EZP-25291
          Hide
          Paulo Nunes (Inactive) added a comment -

          Blocked by EZP-25291

          Show
          Paulo Nunes (Inactive) added a comment - Blocked by EZP-25291
          Hide
          Rui Silva (Inactive) added a comment - - edited

          Piotr Nalepa, can you specify sequential steps as to how to reproduce this issue on this exact scenario provided on the description?
          I tried to follow these, but I'm not sure I'd be reproducing that exact scenario, since I can't see the issue being reproduced due to not being able to remove the fix, on ezstudio installation.

          I tried testing this with and without the fix on ezplatform on the 2015.09 version, and then tried the same procedure but on ezstudio on a master, and I couldn't identify this issue occurring.

          Show
          Rui Silva (Inactive) added a comment - - edited Piotr Nalepa , can you specify sequential steps as to how to reproduce this issue on this exact scenario provided on the description? I tried to follow these, but I'm not sure I'd be reproducing that exact scenario, since I can't see the issue being reproduced due to not being able to remove the fix, on ezstudio installation. I tried testing this with and without the fix on ezplatform on the 2015.09 version, and then tried the same procedure but on ezstudio on a master, and I couldn't identify this issue occurring.
          Hide
          Rui Silva (Inactive) added a comment -

          As answered by Piotr through Skype, the procedure to reproduce this issue scenario is the one referred at the youtube screencast
          It seems the description of the issue doesn't match the behaviour in the video, then.
          Anyway, I verified that on an updated master with the fix, the issue no longer occurs following the procedure shown through the video, on ezstudio.

          Show
          Rui Silva (Inactive) added a comment - As answered by Piotr through Skype, the procedure to reproduce this issue scenario is the one referred at the youtube screencast It seems the description of the issue doesn't match the behaviour in the video, then. Anyway, I verified that on an updated master with the fix, the issue no longer occurs following the procedure shown through the video, on ezstudio.
          Hide
          Rui Silva (Inactive) added a comment -

          Tested and approved by QA for master.
          Note: to keep in mind that the issue EZS-358 is still happening.

          Show
          Rui Silva (Inactive) added a comment - Tested and approved by QA for master. Note: to keep in mind that the issue EZS-358 is still happening.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Piotr Nalepa
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              6 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Time Tracking

                Estimated:
                Original Estimate - Not Specified
                Not Specified
                Remaining:
                Remaining Estimate - 0 minutes
                0m
                Logged:
                Time Spent - 2 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes
                2d 1h 30m