Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Customer request
eZ Publish 4.7 set in DFS cluster mode
In a eZ Publish 4.7 installation set in DFS cluster mode with the "TransformationGroup=urlalias_iri" setting, when trying to upload an image containing Chinese characters, the image cannot be displayed. This happens when the image name is in "<chinese_chars>.jpg" or in "<chinese_chars>-001.jpg" format, and results in a "Data error." message everytime the folder where the image was created is accessed. Error log registers the following:
- Issue does not occur when using "001-<chinese_chars>.jpg" format;
- Image language is not relevant for this. Images can be created in English or any other languages and the problem is still reproducible;
- Not related to the image's corrupted EXIF metadata;
- Not related with using non UTF-8 DB character set (e.g. latin1), as once thought.
In an eZ Publish 4.7 clean, fully patched installation:
1. Set installation in DFS cluster mode;
2. Add the following setting to site.ini.append.php:
3. Go to "Media library" tab and add an image either in "<chinese_chars>.jpg" or in "<chinese_chars>-001.jpg" format.