- Aliases are stored one DB row for each part of the path, eg. /planes/passenger/jumbo will be stored in 3 DB rows.
- Creating custom alias reuses existing autogenerated rows and creates NOP rows if necessary.
- Autogenerated alias is an alias that is implicitly created for the Location.
- NOP rows are "inert" - they do not point to anything, paths that point to a NOP row are not generated by the system and if user tries to load a path pointing to NOP row redirect to root Location will be performed.
- NOP rows can be reused - if Location is published on the same level and with the same name, NOP row will be reused. This will not affect custom alias that originally created NOP row.
- When name of the Location is changed, new alias is created for the new name and alias for the old name is marked as history.
If Location is created that reuses NOP row of the existing custom alias and its name is then changed, custom alias will also be changed.
Note: as history is maintained and how hierarchy is implemented, original custom alias path will still be loadable, however in the administration interface changed name will be shown.