Uploaded image for project: 'eZ Publish / Platform'
  1. eZ Publish / Platform
  2. EZP-20598

(eZ Find) No match if query word contains case changes

    Details

      Description

      How to reproduce 
       
      On command line execute:
      1-<site folder>$ java -jar ezpublish_legacy/extension/ezfind/java/start.jar
       
      On a browser
      2 - log into admin2 with "Admin" account
      3 - click on "Content Structure"
      4 - Create a folder:
      4.1-Name: "Our services"
       
      (now test searches)
      5 - on search box type "services" hit <enter>
      6 - verify that 1 result is shown 
      7 - on search box type "SERVICES" hit <enter>
      8 - verify that 1 result is shown 
      9 - on search box type "ServiceS" hit <enter>
      10- verify that no result is shown
      11- on search box type "SERVICEs" hit <enter>
      12- verify that 1 result is shown 
      13- on search box type "SeRvIcEs" hit <enter>
      14- verify that no result is shown
      15- on search box type "SERvICES" hit <enter>
      16- verify that no result is shown
      17- on search box type "SerVices" hit <enter>
      18- verify that no result is shown
      19- on search box type "serVices" hit <enter>
      20- verify that no result is shown
      

      Result table:

      search             find
       
      services           yes
      SERVICES           yes
      ServiceS           no
      SERVICEs           yes
      SeRvIcEs           no
      SERvICES           no
      SerVices           no
      serVices           no
      

      executed (on single):

      <site folder>$ java -jar ezpublish_legacy/extension/ezfind/java/start.jar
      

        Activity

        Show
        Paul Borgermans (Inactive) added a comment - Done, see https://github.com/ezsystems/ezfind/pull/104
        Hide
        Bertrand Dunogier added a comment - - edited
        Show
        Bertrand Dunogier added a comment - - edited Merged & fixed in ezfind/master (5.2 dev): https://github.com/ezsystems/ezfind/commit/42cba68545a47bdd8659bf29bb3a846a77cfe460 .
        Hide
        Marcos Loureiro (Inactive) added a comment -

        I've just use latest build #495.
        And got the same results on the interface, but interesting fact is that on the JSON response I got:

        {"error_code":0,"node_id":"2","children_count":1,"children":[{"node_id":59,"object_id":57,"class_id":1,"has_children":false,"name":"Our services","url":"\/Our-services","modified_subnode":1366120304,"languages":["eng-GB"],"is_hidden":false,"is_invisible":false}]}
        

        So the search is working the display is not (on admin2)

        Show
        Marcos Loureiro (Inactive) added a comment - I've just use latest build #495. And got the same results on the interface, but interesting fact is that on the JSON response I got: {"error_code":0,"node_id":"2","children_count":1,"children":[{"node_id":59,"object_id":57,"class_id":1,"has_children":false,"name":"Our services","url":"\/Our-services","modified_subnode":1366120304,"languages":["eng-GB"],"is_hidden":false,"is_invisible":false}]} So the search is working the display is not (on admin2)
        Hide
        Damien Pobel (Inactive) added a comment -

        Marcos: the JSON output of the content/treemenu is completely unrelated to the search you are doing...

        Show
        Damien Pobel (Inactive) added a comment - Marcos: the JSON output of the content/treemenu is completely unrelated to the search you are doing...
        Hide
        Damien Pobel (Inactive) added a comment -

        Just retested, the search is working as expected, the search results are the same no matter the case of the keyword.

        Show
        Damien Pobel (Inactive) added a comment - Just retested, the search is working as expected, the search results are the same no matter the case of the keyword.
        Hide
        Bertrand Dunogier added a comment -

        Added in the previous comment.

        Show
        Bertrand Dunogier added a comment - Added in the previous comment.
        Hide
        Paulo Nunes (Inactive) added a comment -

        QA Approved

        Show
        Paulo Nunes (Inactive) added a comment - QA Approved

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Marcos Loureiro (Inactive)
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            7 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Time Tracking

              Estimated:
              Original Estimate - Not Specified
              Not Specified
              Remaining:
              Remaining Estimate - 0 minutes
              0m
              Logged:
              Time Spent - 1 day, 2 hours, 39 minutes
              1d 2h 39m