When publishing a content object in multiple languages, there is inconsistent behavior in the related objects:
- After publishing on the default language (eng-GB), the related objects listed are solely from this language.
- When publising using a different language, the list contains the related objects from ALL published languages.
After some investigation, it was verified that the data stored in ezcontentobject_link table reflects this situation:
- For any version, in the English language, a single record is created for a related object "link".
- If the published language is different (say, fre-FR), a record is created for each link, and each existing translation of that object.
However, there is no field on this table to determine the language that a link/record refers to...
- Create and publish a content object in English language, adding a related object "A"
- Create and publish a new translation, setting the related object to "B"
Verify that the list of related objects (in the administration interface, or using a fetch('content', 'related_objects')
includes objects from all languages of this content ("A" and "B").
- Now, create and publish a new version in English language once more.
Verify that the list of related objects is solely for that language ("A").