Affects Version/s: 4.1.3, extension/ezwebin 1.3-3
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Legacy > Extensions > eZ Website Interface
Used by many wiki engines to show a universal edit button when your on a editable page.
Reasons we should do this:
- Might become part of html5 in some form and supported by next round of browsers.
- Already supported by most wiki engines and wp(plugin).
Reasons we should not do this:
- Its not a standard by any means, and will undergo changes before it becomes one.
- Only supported by plugins for Opera / Firefox
- Spec currently defines content type as application/wiki witch is wrong (the content type of the link is most probably text/html, so it is very misleading) and does not suite eZ Publish very well as our content model is far richer then just wikis.
- A page in eZ Publish can contain several elements that are editable, not just one.
How to implement:
From the wiki page this seems to be the form we should use
So patch for ezwebin would be something like: