Affects Version/s: 3.0.1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Page Builder
with several site accesses for /en /fr /de
the problem seems to be happening a lot when jumping from 1 site access to another.
please see with Jani for more information.
As we worked on www.ibexa.co these days, we experienced increasingly authentication issues.
- Unfortunately I can't give a very precise way to reproduce, the pattern is the following.
- As a user being logged in eZ Platform UI,
- I want to do something in the Page Builder,
- Go to edit a page by one way or the other (for instance, edit from the Content tab, or edit from the Page view)
- And the page is not loaded but instead of that I am required to log in.
If I log in, then the Page Builder loads, but not on the page that I was supposed to see but on a random element.
This seems to be something like a session expiring or being broke.
Sometime, this might happen after long period, sometime this might happen because the developer redeployed the application, but it also happened very shortly after a log in, without any redeployment involved.
It is an extremely annoying problem for the editors, especially when working a lot.
I know this is very hard to reproduce, and I know there might be some explanations. What I would like us to do:
- Try to find ways to increase QA around this kind of problems (may be building test cases with example of session loss in the middle of different operations such as editing, viewing, having different widgets open...?)
- Identify way to secure the user experience
- way to keep alive a session, or to store a work in progress to be able not to lose it?
- way to avoid loading the full admin UI in the scope of a widget (like in one of the screenshots), as this become unusable?
I am sorry I can't provide much more elements but think it was important to report for QA. This type of issues could totally create a lot of stress and dissatisfaction with a real customer.